1. "Agra to Lucknow Access Controlled Expressway (Greenfield) Project"
- Total Cost of Project : Rs.11526.73 crores (excluding cost of land)
- Starting date of work : January 2015
- Expected time of completion : 22-24 months
As per the contract agreement, the Construction period of the project is 36 months. However, efforts are being made to complete the project in record 22-24 months by November 2016.
Key facilities offered in the Project
- Access Controlled Expressway with limited entry / exit points.
- Carriageway - 06 lane Divided Carriageway (expandable to 08 lanes) with all the structures 8 lane wide.
- Journey time between Agra and Lucknow will be reduced to approximately 3-5 hours.
- Interchanges for major Roads, Underpasses for vehicles, Pedestrians & Animals.
- Service Road, staggered on both sides of Expressway all along the expressway except all major bridges, ROBs.
- Way side amenities with provision for Toilet blocks, Petrol Pumps, Service Stations, Restaurants & Shopping arcades etc. at 4 locations; 2 each on either side of Expressway.
- Provision of airstrip for landing and taking off the fighter planes in case of emergency.
- Advanced Traffic Management System comprising of electronic call boxes (ECB), Digital Message Screens, Video Monitoring & Incident Detection System, GPS based Ambulance Service etc.
- Use of Green Energy (Solar) for all illumination purposes.
- Development of green belt on both sides and the median of Expressway and rain water harvesting arrangements.
- Development of Mandi's at two places (Kannauj & Mainpuri) with access from the expressway.
2. The Samajwadi Purvanchal Expressway
For the development of remotest eastern region, the State Government has decided to develop another Expressway from State Capital (Lucknow) to the Eastern Region via Azamgarh. With the development of this Expressway, the Eastern region of the state would not only be connected to the state capital but also further to the National Capital.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE PROJECT
||Chand Sarai (District Lucknow).
||Haidaria (District Ghazipur)
- Estimated Total Length - 353.406 kms
- Estimated Travel Time - 4:30-5 Hours
- ROW - 120 Meters
- Carriageway - 6 Lane (Expandable to 8 Lanes) but all are structured according to 8 lanes.
- Provision of Service Road
- Districts Covered - Lucknow, Barabanki, Faizabad, Ambedkarnagar, Amethi, Sultanpur, Azamagarh, Mau and Ghazipur.
- Total Access Controlled Expressway
- Provision for Underpasses for Vehicles, Pedestrians and Animals.
||The project is proposed to be divided into eight packages.
||The expressway is to be linked with Varanasi through a separate link road at Expressway Chainage (226.268) Jalalpur Madhesia Kateela at NH 233.
|Mode of Implementation
||The Project is being implemented on Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Mode.
With the Construction of Samajwadi Purvanchal Expressway, accelerated convenient mode of Transportation shall be available between the Eastern boundary of the Sate and the National Capital via State capital through other similar Expressways in the State viz. 'Agra to Lucknow Expressway' which is under construction and the existing 'Yamuna Expressway'
Being an Access Controlled Expressway, it would provide benefits like Fuel saving, time saving and Control in Pollution Levels along with reduction in accidents.
The areas covered by this Expressway would be benefited in Social & Economical way. The agriculture, commerce, tourism and other industrial development will also get a fillip.
Industrial Training Institutes, Educational Institutes, Medical Institutes, New Townships and other various Commercial set ups shall be developed, especially near the Expressway areas, which will result into more opportunities for employment in the region. The overall social/economic development in the state will get a boost.
The proposed Expressway will prove to be a catalyst for development of agriculture, commercial, tourism and industries in the region and shall provide direct high speed connectivity to agriculture, industrial and commercial centers with the State as well as National Capitals.
The proposed Expressway alongwith existing and under construction Expressways shall become a vast Industrial Corridor connecting Eastern boundary to Western boundary of the state which will result into overall development of the state .